When Bee Sweet Citrus started in 1987, our facility was small and simplistic, and quality was our top priority. Now that we’ve entered our 27th year of business many things have changed, but our attention to detail remains the same. Our goal is and will always be to deliver the freshest and tastiest citrus to our customers, and our facility helps make that possible. Our current structure now encompasses over 400,000 square feet and includes 5 unique lines allowing us to run over 3,500 bins of citrus per day.
All of our lines include optical graders and sizers, allowing us to sort and pack a consistent grade and size of fruit. We also have versatile packing options that allow us to produce different configurations of bags, bulk and packs. Intensive Quality Control procedures allow us to be sure that fruit shipped from our facility meet specific brix (sugar content) levels.
Our cold storage allows us to keep a precise temperature while storing fruit before it is shipped from our facility. Bee Sweet Innovation continues even after the fruit has left the facility with our newly implemented GTIN (Global Traceability Identification Number) system. This system allows us to trace cartons back thorough the processing operation to the specific field where the fruit was grown.
Additional cutting-edge technologies and growing/packing practices that are employed daily in our operations include the following:
- High-end optical grading and sizing machines
- Ability to pack in a variety of different bags and box sizes with multiple labels
- Advanced bagging machines that are versatile and capable of making bags in a variety of different sizes with high graphic labels
- New automated conveyor systems used to convey boxes to a centralized location
- Automated cold storage monitoring and control system
- Weight-checking machines integrated into bag lines to assure correct weights of bags
- GTIN (Global Traceability Identification Number) system used to trace specific cartons back through the processing operation and to the field.
- Quality control equipment used to efficiently test for the minimum brix requirements and freeze damage directly in the processing line