Does Bee Sweet Citrus use recyclable packaging?

Yes, every carton that Bee Sweet Citrus packs fresh produce in is 100% recyclable.

Does Bee Sweet Citrus offer fresh citrus 12 months out of the year?

Yes, Bee Sweet grows, packs and ships fresh California Citrus all year long. You can always look to Bee Sweet for your fresh citrus needs – regardless of month or season!

How do you ensure that each piece of citrus is fresh and of the highest quality?

All our lines include state-of-the-art optical graders that check each piece of fruit to ensure it meets our standards in quality. Our quality control team and hand graders further inspect the fruit to ensure quality before its packed and shipped to our consumers.

What does Bee Sweet do to ensure food safety?

At Bee Sweet Citrus, we believe that food safety is a top priority. Both our groves and our state-of-the-art packing facility undergo annual food safety audits, where we strive to not only meet, but exceed standards in food safety.

By adhering to standards set by GAP (Good Agricultural Practices), GFS (Global Food Safety) and the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) we can assure consumers that our citrus is safe for consumption. We also utilize a GTIN (Global Trade Identification Number) system which allows us to trace each carton of fruit back to the grove in which it was grown.

What should I look for when purchasing citrus?

When buying citrus, choose product that feels heavy and firm; avoid any that feel soft. Keep in mind that skin color is not an indicator of flavor or ripeness; oranges with greenish hues are just as flavorful as those that are bright in color.

How do I store my citrus once purchased?

Storing citrus on the counter will keep it fresh for up to one week, but storing it in the refrigerator will extend its shelf-life for 2-3 weeks!

Are Bee Sweet Citrus products California Grown?

Bee Sweet Citrus grows over 60% of the citrus it packs, with the remaining 40% grown by local farmers. Our affiliates work closely with Bee Sweet’s Farm & Field Team, ensuring that they share the same philosophies we do.

Is your focus always on citrus?

Unlike many other packing houses who only pack citrus varieties during their off season, Bee Sweet focuses on citrus all year long. We grow, pick, pack and ship fresh citrus all year long; striving to always supply our consumers with the freshest citrus available.

Are your farming practices environmentally friendly?

Bee Sweet strives to be environmentally friendly in every step of the growing, picking and packing process of our fresh citrus. In all our groves, we utilize the most efficient irrigation methods to achieve maximum water conservation and work to maintain a fleet of the most efficient tractors and semis. In the packing house, we pack in 100% recyclable material and use skylights and VFDs to conserve electricity and minimize our environmental footprint. We’ve also installed approximately 4.5 acres worth of solar panels on our rooftops to add to our “Go-Green” initiative.